Children are very naive; they don’t know what they should do, how to do it, and why they should do it. In such situations, we need to make a time table for the child, so that they can easily manage their time and complete their tasks on time. They should know which tasks to give more priority to and which ones to give less priority to.
REASONS TO MAKE TIME TABLE:
- Prevents wastage of time and energy:
When a child has a timetable, they know where to spend their time and energy.
- Removes confusion:
Sometimes, a child gets confused about what to do all day and gets bored quickly. Having a timetable makes them feel energetic and keeps them on track.
- Helps in the formulation of good habits:
Following a timetable also helps inculcate good habits in children such as orderliness, and punctuality, and ensures regularity.
- Regulate body clock:
If your regular bedtime is at 10:00 pm, your body adapts to it, and you naturally start feeling sleepy at around 10 pm. This is called the body clock, where the body gets used to releasing hormones at specific times. Similarly, if you follow your timetable, your body clock will be set accordingly.
- Ensures discipline:
You automatically become disciplined when you follow your timetable, as you know when to do which task, which helps you avoid unnecessary things.
TIPS TO MAKE A GOOD TIME TABLE:
It is not necessary to make a timetable just for studying. It includes your entire schedule, and it’s all about your overall development.
- Make sure the timetable is not boring, as children may not like to follow it, and that could be a reason why some parents’ children do not follow it.
- It should be colorful as children are attracted to colors.
- The font should be clear and large enough so that the child can read it easily.
- To provide the child with a daily schedule, place the timetable in front of their sleeping area so they can easily refer to it and know what activities to engage in throughout the day.
- The timetable should include everything such as activity time, shower time, snack time, study time, dinner time, and family time.
- If you want, you can also add relevant pictures to make it more attractive.